Friday, November 2, 2012

An Experiment

Favorite Cowl has been in my queue for quite a while. It's an incredibly easy pattern, perfect for a gift.  The versions I like the best on Ravelry used Noro Silk Garden. Seeing as I haven't had time to shop for yarn, it seemed like a good opportunity to check out Lion Amazing, which is available at a nearby store. It goes for a similar look -- longer stretches of each color that change gradually.

I think the finished product is quite pretty, although the colors lack that amazing Noro brilliance. What I really want to find out is how well this yarn softens. In its just-knit state, it is somewhat scratchy.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to soak it this weekend. Today, though, I'm in my hometown (Beloit), hanging out with my dad at the rehab center.  He'll have to be here for four to six weeks, until he is mobile enough to go home. At this point, his legs are in braces and he can't even stand. It's going to be a long haul!

Also, when I get back to Madison, I'll do some stash-busting to reward those of you who correctly guessed that the swatch in the picture was Wingspan.

1 comment:

  1. It looks pretty nice in LB Amazing, i think :)

    Good luck with Dad's rehab. It's difficult, and painful, and tiresome but you'll be rewarding for every ounce of sweat you put in!

    ReplyDelete