Sunday, November 11, 2012

An FO At Last

Yes, I realize my hair is a mess in this photo but it was really windy!

More importantly, for the first time in a long time, I have an FO to show off. This is Coleus by Kirsten Kapur of Through the Loops, and I am thrilled with it. It is a larger shawlette, which took me close to two skeins of Madelinetosh Sock yarn in Lapis. I picked up the yarn a few years ago at the amazing Article Pract in Oakland, California, which makes the shawl extra special to me.

Kirsten is one of my favorite designers. Her designs are not only beautiful, but beautifully written. This was much easier to knit than I expected, thanks to Kirsten's skills.

Other great Kirsten patterns that I've knit are the Reykjavik Mittens and the Ida's Kitchen hat. I've knit both of those twice and am working on my third Ida's Kitchen. I highly recommend both!

I wear jeans a lot, so I plan to show off this baby!

P.S. Many thanks to my good friend, Debbie, for shooting this photo when she had more important things to do!

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, especially in that stunning blue! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blue is beautiful. Nice tush too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it's gorgeous. I do love a blue shawl. I have a few. And jeans and shawls is totally a great look. A favourite of mine!

    ReplyDelete