Sunday, October 28, 2012

With France In Mind

 I've been making quite a few beads because I got into a juried art show that happens over Thanksgiving weekend. I attended this show last year, and I really liked it. It's very relaxed and focused on local artists.

I've spent a lot of time expanding the color combination in my Big Beads series. This one reminds me of the linens you get in Provance:


Here's the way it looks as a full necklace:

I can't describe how endlessly fascinating I find these beads. Playing around with colors is just so much fun. I once wrote that I love knitting because it's like holding pure color in my hands. It's the same with polymer clay.

I am learning a lot about color from working the clay. Who knew that you could make a great orange by adding a little bit of blue? I used to think that color theory was simple, that mixing colors was straightforward. Boy, was I ever wrong!

Making the jewelry is the fun part. A this point, I need to hold off on that and look at selling the stuff. In addition to the art show, I'm trying to get serious about my Etsy store. There is no point in making so much stuff if I don't start actually selling it!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this combination of colours! So sunny and happy!

    ReplyDelete