I might just finish my Einstein Coat while it's still cold enough to wear it. I'm seaming it now, but it looks like a big cream blob so I'm not going to post a photo.
I did finish my little folk embroideries. They are very cute, but I'm not sure what to do with them. Ideas? (They are 8 x 8).
And while the calendar says it's March 10, my yard is blanketed with snow. My brother is visiting from Virginia and, to my surprise, he walked with me this morning when the temperature was 5 degrees (with wind chill).
I did get a little trip to the tropics Sunday evening. I have a friend who is an exceptionally avid gardener. She grows dozens of elephant ears outdoors in the warm weather. In the winter, she and her husband dig them up and bring them inside, where they place the plants in pots and horse troughs. No, I am not making this up.
I'd frame the little things individually and hang then up on a narrow piece of wall, one after the other. Or frame them as one, side by side, on a matt board. Or sew them on the back of a jean jacket. Or make them into banners (make a lot more, string them all up!).
ReplyDeleteKim’s ideas are good ones. My sister gifted me a pillow with square panels that button on and can be replaced. I love being able to change the look quickly and easily. The embroidered pieces are lovely. Glad that you are having a nice visit with your brother.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what I'd do with those little embroidered pieces but they are darling. If you had two more they could be sewn together into a little wall hanging with sashing. Enjoy your brother's visit.
ReplyDeleteI would put the embroideries in a quilt, of course! The weather sounds a bit chilly for a walk! lol
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet little birds!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blog
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like tropical plants to warm up a never-evending winter! (I woke up to snow and frigid temps this morning on my side of the lake, too. . . ) The birds are just charming! (I never know what to do with my finished stitching projects. . . ) XO
ReplyDeleteThose little birds are so tweet! I'd just frame them and hang them on the wall!
ReplyDeleteI'd frame them individually and hang them in a grouping on a wall. Your embroidery is gorgeous!! (and inspiring).
ReplyDeleteYour stitcheries are beautiful :) I'd make them into little cushions
ReplyDeleteLove your folk embroidery and love Kim's ideas - framed individually or stitched to a jean jacket - that would be cool. We had snow yesterday (about 2.5") and I am ready for Spring. Later this coming week it could hit the 70's. This up and down is making me crazy!! I like those elephant ears!
ReplyDelete