Sunday, November 5, 2017

Just Another Weekend

 With Thanksgiving coming up, I should be doing more cooking and cleaning. But other things are so much more fun -- not to mention relaxing! Keith and I are now watching The Roosevelts on Netflix, which is perfect for easy sweater knitting. I'm making the Windchill Cardigan for my daughter. I think it's a pretty easy pattern, but I'm worried about size with her in Miami and me knitting in Wisconsin. She'll be home for T-giving and Winter Break, so I'm hoping to be able to make any adjustments.
On Saturday, I joined some friends for the Wisconsin Book Festival. Much to my surprise, I was hooked by the author of The Storm Before the Storm. Mike Duncan, the author, created the podcast The History of Rome. As much as I love history, ancient history has never interested me that much, but this guy is good! I'm going to listen to the podcast -- all 189 episodes -- one of these days.
It turns out that he is a Madison resident and his book just debuted on the NYT's Best-Seller list at No. 8. 

And I'm still loving this cross stitch. Kathy wanted to know how to get a hold of it. The company is Satsuma Street, and the Etsy store is here.
Some of the patterns are digital downloads, but others are also available as printed copies, which I prefer. I bought the hard copy of this one, which is called Happinest.

I hope you had a lovely weekend, too!


11 comments:

  1. Love that cross stitch. The colors are so happy and spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked at that cross stitch shop....wow, so many good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty cross stitch and what can be better than a book festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those hands of yours stay busy busy busy....loving the cross stitch! great colours! do you frame your FOs? I have a mini pile of finished embroidery....and have no idea what to do with them. Only so many tote bags to make! thought about making an embroidery stitch sampler 'book'...but then, what do you DO with that?!? sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! I have the Roosevelt's queued up to watch! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you for the LINK!!!!!! I need to embrace this cold weather and quit being a baby when we have our cloudy cold dreary days. I was moody yesterday and that's not how I like to be. Suns out today and I have a good attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a good rest in your busy schedule!
    The cross stitch is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cardigan is looking great, that's good you will be able to make any final adjustments needed when she comes home. I am loving your cross stitch! it is so colorful and my favorite part is the bird that is emerging in the design. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that color of the cardi-to-be! You're making good progress on the stitching. Nothing much here last night as we were without power in the DARK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be queuing up the Roosevelt too. Sounds good. Love your cross stitch :) I hope your size guessing is spot on too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cross stitch is coming along wonderfully. And I love the colour of your daughters cardigan. I think relaxing is very important, I'm sure the preparations will get done.

    ReplyDelete