Sunday, November 12, 2017

A Finish and a Sketch

Recognize these? I can't think of the name, but this mitt pattern was super popular in the early days of Ravelry. Mine, as you can see curl. Every pair of these I knit curled. Fortunately, there are are lots of Mitts patterns these days!
These have been waiting around to have the ends woven in for ages, so I did that this morning. After all, the holidays are coming up! Does anyone remember the name of this pattern? Was it Fetchings?

To avoid the crazy traffic of Badger football Saturdays, Madison Urban Sketchers went to Sun Prairie, a suburb, yesterday, and drew in a coffee shop. It's a cute but tiny little place, so we mostly drew each other.

Then we went out to lunch, where Pat drew while most of us just chatted. If you look closely at her painting, you can see that's me on the left!
Pat is our main organizer, so we all love her!
Mercedes was looking through my sketchbook. When she saw my drawing of the Air BnB I stayed in when I was in Copenhagen this past summer, she pulled out her sketchbook. She'd also traveled in Scandinavia this summer and drew a similar picture of a BnB in Stockholm!

Today, I need to get some cleaning/decluttering done -- but also, I hope, more sketching!

13 comments:

  1. I made those mitts too! Wish I knew the name. I want to say 'Basic Mitts' but I'm sure that's not it. Love the sketches! Is Sun Prairie where the Frank Lloyd Wright place is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mitt IS Fetching! I remember that EVERYONE was making those back in the day. LOL

    Your sketches are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mitts - looks like Dee came through with the confirmation on the name of the pattern.

    Your sketches are wonderful: you are a talented artist in many areas - drawing, embroidery, knitting, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee wins the prize for the mitt name! And, wow - your sketching is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made so many of fetching mitts that they are memorized forever. lovely! I do admire your sketching abilities :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE seeing your sketches! I so admire folks who can do that. I have no talent in that area at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep,those are definitely Fetching, a pattern I've made many times. Nice work on the finish. Love seeing your sketches. You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mitts-they look indigo dyed! (neat article in Knits that discusses why cables flare! Rib would've helped but they look great and you finished them which is awesome!
    Love your UrbanArt! I am going to finish my first one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing your sketches - so fun! How cool that you regularly get together with a sketching group. Also how funny that you and another have similar sketches from your travels. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I wanted to knit Fetching. Started and stopped a year or more ago. Glad I did if they roll! That would bug me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colored sketches

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew those were Fetching before the picture finished loading, they were so popular!! I remember feeling like an amazing knitter when I finished those!! Love the sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Madison Sketchers is such a cool idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got to make a pair of those mitts!

    ReplyDelete