Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WIP: Babies and Bears

I haven't been 100% monogamous knitting-wise. I have been occasionally working at my baby sweater:


People have told me that the pattern is very counter-intuitive, but I haven't found that at all. Actually one of the things I like about Babies & Bears is that I understand the construction so I feel like I'm making fewer mistakes than I usually do.

I'm hoping today will be a better day at work than yesterday, when I locked my car keys (along with my lunch and, most importantly, coffee) in my car, and then proceeded to lose track of my classroom key! By the end of the day, everything was back in place, but it made for a stressful day. I felt off-kilter until I had my keys back.

Don't forget to check in with Keep Calm Craft On.

8 comments:

  1. The construction looks really interesting for sure - I love projects that make you think as you do them. Oh no locking the keys in the car sucks.....I hate when something goes badly and then throws your whole day our of whack.....I lost a charger on Monday and it was driving me crazy (couldn't-sit-still-crazy) until I eventually found it....but that pales in comparison to the car keys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something just ate my comment! Anyhow, it looks like you're about to start the second half and are "spot on" with the first part. Love the yarn, too, and glad you found your keys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweater. I will check out the link

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no your day sounded crazy, hope today was much better. Love the baby sweater.
    hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! Sorry to hear about the keys, crappy start to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about keys - it just doesn't feel right until they are back in your possession. Love the sweater and love that new colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your day is better too. Even though we can replace and compensate for things like keys etc., gosh it just gets under my skin and yes! I feel so off kilter. To a much lesser degree of practical impact, I am missing ONE dpn for a project. How does that happen? And here's the thing, though I can probably dig up another one, I can't let go that I can't find THAT one. Anyways enough of me. Your baby sweater is lovely and most importantly I'm glad you're enjoying the knit.

    ReplyDelete