Friday, October 24, 2014

FO Friday: Mittens

I finished these Meeting St. Mittens in record time: two weeks!

I used Berroco Sox yarn. I had read on Ravelry that this yarn is a bit thin for a sock yarn, and I would agree with that assessment, but it worked out fine for this pattern I made one major adjustment: It looked like the mittens might be too long for me, so I cast off with 24 stitches left and joined them with the kitchner stitch. I think they look better without such a pointy top.

There is something so addictive about this pattern. I have already started the next pair -- using a different yarn with different colors.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your mittens. They look like they'll be such fun wear. I'm definitely adding these to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! And so fast, too. Can't wait to see the new color combo! These are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool yarn, love the random pattern.
    Thanks for sharing.
    debx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good decision to cast off earlier - they look like a good length :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! they turned out so perfect. I can't wait to see your next pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are wonderful!
    Love the self patterning yarn.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. i fully understand Addictive potato chip knitting >..trap lady here.
    Your mitts are adorns

    ReplyDelete
  8. They turned out great and you made them in record time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are finished! Ah I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete