Saturday, October 11, 2014

Sometimes It Just Works

I am so happy with the way this mitten is turning out:
Self-striping yarn can create amazing and surprising things. These two skeins of Berroco sock yarn look like they would clash, but I am loving the way the colors are working together. I should add that at one point I had to cut one of the strands because they both were the same shade of green, so I would have lost the pattern to an awkward green patch.

The pattern is Meeting St. Mittens from a Berroco booklet titled, "Sock Star." I don't really like any of the other patterns, but it was worth to price for this pattern along. I suspect I'll be making more pairs.

I'm still a bit under the weather, but after missing all the fun last weekend, I'm enjoying this one if it kills me! Went to a party at a friend's house last night, and tonight I'll be eating dinner in another friend's Sukkah. My friend Lisa has some photos in a show, and I'm going to the opening reception on Sunday.

I hope you are having some fun this weekend!

11 comments:

  1. SO much fun coming my way!!
    I LOVE your mix of colors and would NEVER have thought they'd play nicely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks spectacular! I'm amazed you've only had to intervene on the colours once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the way those are coming together, too!!! and just think....you could make a dozen of them-----and they will all look slightly different! (good investment on that pattern!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mitten!! I never would have thought to mix those two skeins but they look amazing!! Must be the time for teachers to get sick. I had a migraine yesterday and so did my co-teacher! Happy weekend and take care of yourself!!! Are you coming to Williamsburg in November??

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look terrific! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better my friend, not so fun when you are not feeling well. Love the mitten,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mitts are so super cute! Definitely a surprising blend, very cheerful. I hope you feel better, sounds like you have a lot keeping you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need those mitts in my life, they are so gorgeous. I never would have thought to pair two self striping yarns like that, what a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So colorful and fun! The mittens will be a spot of cheer this winter. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I'm honestly surprised at how great they look together! Fancy that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, those mitts look so fun! I love the cheeriness of it.

    ReplyDelete