Monday, April 22, 2013

Urban Sketching

I made it to Draw Madison yesterday and I actually like my sketch -- though I have to give the credit to a fellow sketcher, Elsie, who helped me save a a disastrous drawing.

If you have ever wanted to draw, you should see if there is an Urban Sketchers group near you. There are groups all over the world, linked by a web site and a manifesto. It began as an online flickr group in 2007 and morphed into a nonprofit dedicated to drawing on location.

The manifesto holds, among other things, that sketchers draw indoors or out, depicting what they actually see. Sketchers can use any media and are encouraged to draw together and share drawings online. I love the 8th item on the manifesto: "We show the world, one drawing at a time."

That makes it sound so do-able, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Deborah, your art skills are amazing! I think that you should be teaching some art classes, too!

    ReplyDelete