Thursday, April 25, 2013

Forecast: More Knitting and Blogging

I went 53 years without breaking a bone, and I was quite happy with that state of affairs. Then, yesterday, I somehow fell down a few stairs and broke my right leg. I've learned a few things: broken bones are very painful and painkillers make you extremely thirsty.

Anyways, tomorrow I find out if I need surgery -- and the doctor thinks I probably do. Bummer. That means more pain and a longer recovery time.


So, I'm trying to find the silver lining here and the only one I've come up with is more knitting and blogging. I've been adding squares to my Crayon Box Jacket. The good thing is that the squares knit up pretty quickly; on the down side, I think I did a horrible job planning the sweater and it's too loud and busy.

It's a bad time for a special education teacher to miss work. I have a lot of paperwork that was due this week -- so much for making that deadline! I'm trying not to worry about work and, instead, focus on knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh! Feel better soon. And don't be using those knitting needles to scratch inside the cast!!

    ReplyDelete