Sunday, April 28, 2013

On Sweaters and Blogging

Being under doctor's orders to rest and elevate my leg, I have done a good amount of knitting. This morning I finished the last of the mitered squares -- I could add up the total number but I'm not sure I want to know. Now I just have to knit the sleeve gussets, and then I can start assembling the pieces.

Which brings me to the fact that there is no photo for today's post. If I had one, it wouldn't look much different than the photo in my last post. I could try for a more artsy photo, but the fact is that I am not mobile enough to get the camera, take a photo, etc. Keith is at work today (yep, on a Sunday), so I'm trying to stay put as much as I can.

My surgery is scheduled for Monday afternoon -- and I am terrified! I haven't had any kind of surgery since I had my tonsils out in 1964!

Over the past few years, I've wondered how I could knit sweaters and still maintain a knitting blog. There just isn't enough change for someone who knits at the slow pace I do to say from week to week! I think that concern has steered me toward smaller-scale project that show more progress in a short amount of time.

How do you sweater-knitters out there manage to keep your blogs so interesting?


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Deb, I will send good thoughts your way tomorrow! Call me, if you still have my # and are bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely follow up a big project with another big project immediately. Often I have some socks on the go or something else small. I try not to let my blog drive what I'm knitting though. I don't like that feeling!

    ReplyDelete