Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I'm not sure exactly how famous Sheryl Thies is. She is a knitting/crochet designer who has published five books and is very well known around here -- but she's a local girl, so that doesn't tell me much.

At any rate, she was the speaker at last night's Knitting Guild meeting. Her two most recent books are about Tunisian Crochet, which completely puzzles me. She had Guild members model 16 of her garments, which was a great way to show off her designs. Some of them were breath-taking, but I'm not tempted to take up Tunisian Crochet, as knitting keeps me happy.

However, I really should finish this scarf:

 This is the Ocean Waves pattern from the book above. I started this a very long time ago -- and it was a bit too hard for me. I should be up to it now, though.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I've had exactly the same experience. There are some projects that I found super frustrating because they're a bit too hard for me, and then i go back to them later and finish them without any more drama. I guess you could say we're always pushing the envelope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shades of orange, red, and yellow on this scarf. I have been very drawn to these shades lately...

    ReplyDelete