Friday, December 7, 2012

FO Friday

Full disclosure: I finished this weeks ago, but this is the first photo of the cowl being worn.

It's Favorite Cowl, a free pattern from Urban Gypsy. My only complaint is that mine rolls at the ends, which her's does not. Anybody have a theory here? What can I do t stop the rolling? (And, yes, I blocked it!)

The yarn is Amazing by Lion Brand. It is actually pretty soft after a soaking in Eucalan. 

Urban Gypsy designed this as a stash buster, so you might want to use it that way. Whether you chose stash or new yarn, it is a great last-minute gift.

5 comments:

  1. Cute. I like Lion Brand Amazing I made a hat from mine last winter. Not sure why yours is rolling, but you could do a sc edge to flatten it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If blocking isn't helping, than maybe add a 10-15 rounds of moss stitch or accept it as it is. Have you twisted the yarn a lot while knitting? Try searching for projects from this yarn on Ravelry to see if others have problems with curling and how they fixed it, maybe it's the yarn.
    Happy hanukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just realized I never changed your new web address. Sorry I've missed so many of your posts, they look great! Love the mix of beads and yarn! Hope all is well with you and your family, you look happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cowl just the way it is. I truly like the variegated colors as well! I can't wait to make one of my own.

    ReplyDelete