Friday, December 21, 2012

Blizzard

This was the view from my house yesterday, before the snow was even done falling. The forecast of a blizzard was accurate! It snowed and snowed and snowed, sometimes with startling force. It is absolutely gorgeous -- and thanks to Keith and his snowblower, I was able to enjoy it it in full. It was a wet, heavy snow and having to shovel 15 inches of the stuff would have ruined my snow day!

The snow day was yesterday, Thursday, and we were all dreading having to come back for one day before our two-week winter break. However, because of high winds and drift, we have today off, too! It feels great to have such a long break, but I know that it will make that much harder to return in January. Don't get me wrong; I love my work. But it is hard and emotionally draining.

Why the two-week blogging lapse? Between working long days, selling jewelry, and getting all the gifts wrapped and sent, I just couldn't find the time or energy!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous (x1000). We have no snow at all and it looks like it'll be a green Christmas. Oh well, makes the driving easy :)

    ReplyDelete