Saturday, September 23, 2017

And the Knit Goes On

For some reason, work just wiped me out last week. The upside was that I saw most of the new PBS documentary on the Vietnam War. This documentary is truly excellent. It gives you a lot of insight into what the various Vietnamese peoples were thinking -- all of which supports the opinion that we should never have been there in the first place!

I finished this sock, made with one of Knit Circus's amazing gradient stripe yarns.
Isn't it cool how the project matches the bag?

I ended up spending most of the Jewish New Year resting, but I found enough energy to block some winter projects while the blocking bed is open:
You can see my Winter Ridge Shawl/Poncho on the right and the Through the Loops Mystery Shawl 2017 on the left. There is a pair of mitts that needed washing in the middle. I am ready for winter!

Not that winter feels like it's coming. We expect a high of 90 today! I'm enjoying this last bit of summer, hoping to have enough energy to bike tomorrow.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, too!

19 comments:

  1. I'll have to look for that documentary.

    There are a LOT of places we never should have gone and left the poor people living there wondering WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED.

    Love those stripey socks. They'll make for some happy feet in the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watch any of the series yet but have it on my list.

    Blocking is a task I often put off. I'm sureness I have at least two projects that need blocked. Love the sock and the yarn.

    I hope the coming week is a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, auto correct to the rescue again! I really need to proofread before I hit "publish"

      Delete
  3. I'm not familiar with that yarn but off to look it up. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks, such beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watched the first part of it last night. Once again, Ken Burns & Co have done an amazing job.

    This was a very happy color post, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that sock...oh, that project bag! Both are just spectacular and the fact they match-perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice washing of the wools! The new sock and project back is incredible! What a great knit! Have another nice day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sock! Love all of your blocked projects as well. Fall has arrived here; I even wore my jacket today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everyone else...those socks are real winners. Wondering if you sell them online?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty yarn and hasn't it knitted up well. I wouldn't mind a blocking bed, I pin my things to the carpet but the pins bend a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new socks are great...and the bag too. Fletch has been enjoying the Ken Burns series on Vietnam. I've seen bits of it. So well done. (Aren't all of his productions excellent?)

    Hope this upcoming week is easier for you. I find the back and forth weather (and especially the heat) exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! we had our apples n honey. I love your sock
    Wishing you some renewed energy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocking bed is full of glorious finishes! Teaching is hard work and some weeks are more emotionally taxing than others. I just stopped teaching three years ago and I still think about what Sunday afternoons felt like. I hope you are knitting and enjoying your day. Oh! I love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much good knitting! I hope your weekend was restful and filled with good things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your matchy matchy :) I'll have to give the vietnam documentary a whirl. Love your knitting and thanks for the recommendation. Hope you get lots of naps to recover from work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the pink in that first photo is dream city. I just went and looked up the knit circus. I didn't need to do that ;) Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those striping socks are what dreams are made of. Yep- matching patterns to yarns...it is the best.
    Hope you got your biking in and are getting some much deserved rest.

    ReplyDelete