Sunday, November 9, 2014

It's Time for Some Serious Kitchner Stitch

The Babies & Bears Sweater is ready to be seamed down the back:

The pattern calls for the Kitchner Stitch. I can Kitchner. I have closed up countless socks and a fair number of mittens this way. But this is 36 live stitches -- 72 if you count both sides. My worry is that I'll lose track of where I am. I figure I need to find a time where I will not be interrupted. Easier said than done! And no listing to podcasts.

I still have a long ways to go on this project. I have to knit a border and add a hood. Luckily there is no deadline.

I hope your week is going well. Mine has been unusually uneventful. When you're a special ed teacher, that's a good thing!

Don't forget to comment on this post to be part of the Fall Give-away.

I'm linking up with Frontier Dreams and Small Things.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck. I find having to kitchener over a large amount of stitches very confusing for some reason. Maybe look on Youtube and see if there is a better way to keep track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat's a big number to kitchener. YOU CAN DO IT. I love how its progressing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do fine! I just love that pattern and have made it several times. Can't remember whether I made a hood though. Yours is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, that's a lot of kitchnering! You can do it! The cardigan's going to be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unusually uneventful is a blessing. Good luck on the finish.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. The most I ever kitchenered was 210 stitches! I was lengthening a sweater I had made for my son. You can do it! If I lost track of what step I was on, I would look at my working yarn - which stitch is it coming through and which way did it go in. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete