Thursday, November 13, 2014

Great Listening for Crafting

I don't know about you, but I love listening to National Public Radio or podcasts when I knit, especially on a cold or rainy day when I have time to indulge in crafting. Last weekend, I holed up with an amazing new podcast:
Serial is a true story told over the course of a season. A spin-off from This American Life, Serial focuses on the murder of a popular high school senior who was murdered in Baltimore County. Adnan Syed has spent 15 years in jail claiming he didn't kill her. Did he? Or is he doing time for someone else?

One of the things that makes this series so riveting is that the producers don't know the answer. They are reporting in real time, so they are just as mystified and curious as the audience. We get to follow their trail, listen in on their interviews with everyone from Adnan to police, and consider all the angles.

I also found a great Guardian article listening more great podcasts. You can check that out here.

If you'd like to be part of my Fall Giveaway, leave a comment for me by 6 p.m. on Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't ever been able to get into podcasts or public radio. I tend to either watch tv or listen to music when I knit. But boy,t hat podcast sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks> I need some podcasts NOW!! its cold and snowing a bit here.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This podcast has been all the rage in my neck of the woods. You just convinced me to just get it. I just found out I can do it over my phone and don't need the laptop! I usually knit and "watch" t.v. But I like to listen to things while I bake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never listened to a podcast, but now I think I might, this sounds fascinating.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always on the search for new podcasts - thanks for this tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had company all weekend, so I'm just now catching up. I love NPR also,and especially WI NPR when we are in the Midwest. Sounds like an interesting podcast also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep hearing about this everywhere...I really must check it out

    PS I just sent you an email and completely forgot to say that it was me who sent it! Opps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Serial, too! I've been hooked on it since they played the first episode on This American Life (I listen to NPR almost all day long at work + podcasts on my commute). I look forward to each Thursday for the next piece in the puzzle. I have no idea how this is going to end and it is riveting!

    ReplyDelete