Thursday, November 27, 2014

Back with Thanks, a Winner and Some Knitting

Let's start with the more important news. The winner of the skein of Malabrigo and the sock pattern, Lynn -- chosen randomly by my lovely visiting daughter -- is Cathy of Irish Eyes Knitter. Thanks to all of your who responded; I love blog friends (even though I haven't been a very good one lately). Cathy,  you can just email me your mailing address at: deborah.kades@gmail.com

Secondly, there is knitting. I kitchnered the two halves together along the backs and completed the hood of the Babies & Bears Sweater:

I was expecially pleased that the kitcher turned out smoothly. I can't even tell which seam is kitchnered and which one is knitted on:

And finally, the thanks. Even though I grumble way too often, I know that I am very lucky to have wonderful friends and family, a solid roof over my head, and enough money that I don't have to worry about paying the bills.

I hope that Martha Steward's Pecan Maple Pie is as good as it looks. I've got a date with a large and awkward turkey, so I'll sign off wishing you a happy and delicious holiday.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for that amazing lovely fall autumn colored yarn win!
    IM so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Kathy! And Happy Thanksgiving Deb. Your sweater looks great and so doesn the pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy B is going to be so excited. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby sweater looks awesome! And so does that pie-yum!

    ReplyDelete