Monday, August 18, 2014

Sunday Sketches

Happy Monday! I can say that because I don't have to go to work today. However, I have full-day trainings Tuesday and Wednesday, and then I'm working registration all day on Thursday. Yep, my beloved summer is almost over.

I made it to my sketching group two Sundays in a row.  It always takes me the entire two hours to finish one sketch (other people do two or three).  Madison has four lakes within its city limits, so we often draw lakeside in the summer.

Both sketches were done with Faber Castell pens and Derwent Inktense pencils.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I particularly like the second one. I want to be the one at the table enjoying that view! You make it positively inviting!

    Happy Monday to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely sketches and how nice to be able to sketch at waterside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your paintings. I am so glad you mentioned what you used. My sister has started up with her drawings again after 30 years rest!! I'm so happy for her. I want to send her some of your pens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such an interesting style! It is so colorful and imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just lovely - i really like how you use the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sketching group sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness you are so talented.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I feel like I've been gone for so long, I've missed so many posts! You are so creative and talented, I didn't know you knew how to embroider and sketch and paint. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete