Thursday, December 5, 2013

When Mitts Are A Necessity


When you keep your thermostat at 62 -- or colder -- you realize the value of fingerless mitts.  I finished my first pair of Peekaboo Mitts just before Thanksgiving and immediately started second pair. The first pair were quickly swaddled in wrapping paper as a holiday gift for my son's girlfriend. Either she's a really good actress or she loved the mitts. (Although, there's no reason both those couldn't be true!)

It's been a tough fall, so I indulged myself and bought a skein of Springvale Worsted from Three Irish Girls. These indie dyers are based in Superior, Wis., so I can feel good about buying local -- even though Superior is about a 7-hour drive from Madison! The colors are luscious and the yarn is buttery soft. It's quite a nice little luxury in the middle of this busy season.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like knitting with a lush yarn - except maybe wearing it once you are finished.

    ReplyDelete