Saturday, December 7, 2013

Well the high temperature here today was 16 degrees Farenheit -- that's -9 Celcius. In other words, it was COLD! So it's a good think I finished these:

These are my second pair of Peekaboo Mitts, knit from the amazingly soft worsted produced by Three Irish Girls, right here in Wisconsin.

I have to apologize for the fuzziness of the second picture -- but, hey, when it is 16 degrees outside, you snap those photos pretty darn fast.


I wanted to include this photo to show you how luxuriously long these mitts are. They are so, so cozy. I just love them!

I actually like this weather, as long as the wind is mild. It is just so nice to curl up with a good book -- or some knitting -- when the air is so sharp. However, I've been trying to resist both of those activities for the most part because my house needs a good cleaning and de-cluttering. I usually do these in the summer, when I'm off school, but my broken leg interfered with last summer's cleaning. So I'm trying to make up for that now.

5 comments:

  1. 9 below?! that's cold!! the mitts look super cosy, and the rainbow yarn is very cheery

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome mitts. And what cheery colours in that yarn! Nope I wouldn't be dawdling outside in that weather either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -9!! It never gets that cold here! It rarely goes below 5c actually, and that's overnight! Brrrrrrrrrr!
    I like a long fingerless mitt too, much better and more practical than ones which stop at the knuckle.

    ReplyDelete