Saturday, October 19, 2013

Loving that Noro

(It is tempting to start out by apologizing for my gap in blogging, but that is SO boring that I'll assume that you assume that I am indeed sorry.)

There has been some knitting, but not much to say about it. I am still churning out gifts. This is my third Turn a Square Hat by Jared Flood. The colors in the photo seem to have a purplish tint; in reality, the solid yarn is black and the variegated is gray and blue. I do love watching the color changes in the Noro.

It took me a long time to understand what anyone saw in this scratchy yarn -- but now I do. It's a good thing the yarn is too scratchy for me to wear against my skin or I'd be tempted to invest a fortune in Noro yarns.

I should have taken some photos last weekend when my daughter was visiting from Washington, D.C. It's so amazing to watch her turn into a fabulous adult person who I would want as my friend. She and her brother are applying for grad school next fall, so it's going to be a long winter of waiting to hear where they will end up!


1 comment:

  1. I love the stripes! I haven't used noro, myself, but color-changing yarn is definitely fun.

    ReplyDelete