Saturday, October 27, 2012

Same Girl, New Home

Welcome to my new home!

I think this one's going to work. I've struggled for the last few years to maintain one blog for knitting and a second one for my polymer clay beads. Maybe I'm just lazy, but I can't do two. Besides, I've been experimenting with a number of other artistic pursuits and I didn't have a good place to share about them.

I do promise to keep knitting as a main attraction. I've found such a wonderful community of knitters, and I am looking forward to catching up with those friends.

So, where was I? My beloved Uncle Sheldon died; my father fell and managed to do some serious damage to both knees; and work has been unusually demanding. It didn't help that I came down with one of those killer colds shortly after school started. The fact that I wasn't happy about having two blogs slowed my blogging momentum, too.

My current project is featured in the photo. Can anyone guess what viral pattern it is? There's a stash-busting (for me) prize waiting to go into the mail!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear all that has happened to you and your family. Know that you have been missed and thought of.

    Us knitters have to stick together, and we're all here for you. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've had your hands full alright. My condolences on the passing of your uncle. And hopefully Dad is soon on the mend.

    We've missed you in blogland, but I can't imagine maintaining more that one blog. After all it's hard enough to produce on schedule for regular posts on just one blog.

    I'd guess that's Wingspan in the photo. I plan to cast one on for myself in the next month or two :)

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I'm on my second, I know it's Wingspan! Don't you love that pattern? I was worried about you, glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you blogging as well! Sorry about the mishaps & your uncle's passing! That is a lot to have happen. As for the project, it looks like wingspan to me also, haven't made it yet, but have in for some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Wingspan to me! I was going to say Hitchhiker at first, then realised the wedges were bigger!

    Sorry about our Uncle, and hope your dad is recovering well.

    I know how hard it is just to keep up one blog, I think it's. good idea to consolidate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!
    My condolences!
    I hope your dad will get better soon. Try to relax, it's an unhappy period, but it's a period, it will go away and life will change to better again.
    My guess is Wingspan from Tri'Coterie, I saw it some time ago at Wendy knits and your project definitely reminds me of hers.

    ReplyDelete