Saturday, August 19, 2017

Crafting is More Fun with Friends

I have a large collection of rubber stamps from my scrapbooking days. I've tried to sell them without success (but I'm open to ideas of how to do so!).  Given the prices of greeting cards, I've been wanting to sit down and make a huge number of cards -- for free, as I paid for all the supplies years ago.
I finally did it this week. Given how many supplies I have, I invited friends to join me. Four friends came over, including Ilana and her new baby, Tal. I was too busy teaching techniques and holding Tal to take photos of the gathering, but I do have photos of some of my cards.
They are very basic by today's standards. I don't have a Cricut or any cutting system beyond scissors. I don't have the patience to do a whole lot of cutting. But I do have some nice cards, sparkly watercolors, papers, and brads.
I made 32 cards over a 24-hour period. If you assume a modest card costs $4, that's $128-worth of cards. I would have made more, but we really needed our dining table back!

I got a lot more making done when I was alone, but it was a lot more fun when my friends were here.

16 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful assortment of cards! And what a great idea to have friends over with baby-holding on top of everything! Sounds like an A+ day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! And the fact you got people to join you..I am so jealous. I have to drag The Mister down to the card room when he needs one made. I never got into the scrapbooking thing but I love making cards. I am way too cheap to spend $4 on something I should be able to do myself-although it is harder than it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 32 cards!!! WOW! And each a little work of art....so you can't really put a price on them.....like trying to put a price on friendship, which you managed to score big on, too, that afternoon! All around great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crafting with friends is great fun. I need to do something like that before summer slips away and everyone gets busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making is ALWAYS more fun with friends. Your cards look great and that IS a lot of savings. Cards at the store are crazy in price and besides a handmade card is SO much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in the stamp craze a few years ago. I ended up giving them all to a friend who eventually donated them to an after school kids program at her school. A win/win. I got more room and those kids have fun stamps. Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I especially love the hydrangea card! So nice to use what you have and make something you will use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Beautiful cards! I had a serious stamping/scrapbooking problem (buying, not making) a few years ago & I have all the supplies & gadgets (except the Cricut) but I lack the talent. Everything I make looks like it was made by a 3 year old on a sugar high. I really want that Cricut though, because you know, that would help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those cards! You are spot on-crafting is so much more fun with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun party! I'd like to do something like that with friends but none of mine make cards. I do have a knitting group though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What delightful results from your 'card' party!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How great to use your crafting supplies and make lovely cards and save yourself some money too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant idea! I think I have some rubber stamps around here somewhere too! Hmmm! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your cards and i find buying cards painful. They are too expensive and not worth the HALLMARK stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh you made a ton of cards! They look fabulous. and, what fun to spend an afternoon with friends and craft...and get to hold a baby!

    ReplyDelete