Wednesday, August 9, 2017

From a Coffee Shop

Our Internet is out. We are trying to change companies and the old one is gumming up the works, so here I am!

I decided that I need to start working on my travel sock at home, seeing as I had to cancel most of my travels this summer. Some progress has been made on the first Almondine, an Anne Hansen pattern from the the book, Sock Knitting Master Class. The yarn is Cascade Heritage, a very dependable sock yarn. Affordable, too.
The Trip: Andy Worhol's Plastic Fantastic Cross-Country Adventure is itself a trip. It's a fast read about his early career and a car trip to his first Los Angeles exhibit. It's hard to believe he lived such a crazy life with his mother as a housemate! I'm not a huge fan of his work, but his life is very interesting.

Idaho is a literary novel with a mystery embedded. The writing is a bit flowery for my taste; sometimes I feel like the author is trying too hard. The intricate plotting holds my attention, so I'll definitely finish this. I should add that it involves a couple characters with dementia and is overall fairly depressing.

Joining with Kat for Unraveled Wednesday.

12 comments:

  1. Your sock is lovely! I have to agree about Cascade Heritage yarn: it's a good value.

    I hope your recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sock. I'll bet that Worhol book is a trip...I had no idea his mother was his housemate. Idaho sounds familiar to me, but I can't place it. Sorry about your internet woes - hopefully they will be resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i might take my anne hansen project on the andy warhol trip, too!!! sounds like a fun read! (his museum in pittsburgh is pretty amazing.....all the years i lived here, i had no idea his connection to the city!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dementia is very depressing...I just came from visiting Daddio so I'm in the dumps. Nice sock! Coffee shop knitting is almost as good as waiting room knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have almondine in my queue of projects. Yours is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see another "Yarn Along" type post. I posted on Unraveled Wednesday, thanks. Love the sock. My post today, just starting to learn socks. http://lovelyyarnescapes.blogspot.com/2017/08/yarns-socks-tackled-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sock is very pretty! Hope you get the internet sorted out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sympathies on the internet snarl-we've had similar adventures!
    The sock is so pretty-glad you had time for some knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Internet issues are never fun! But, your knitting is! And, great books, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son might like the TRIP . Ill pass that info along! HOpe your arm is healing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I would be beside myself without internet--what on earth did I do before it?

    Love the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my internet company and will not leave it ever, they are consistent and have excellent customer support :) I am more dependent than ever on the internet!!

    ReplyDelete