Wednesday, June 22, 2016

UFOs on Vacation

I grabbed three UFOs for Door County knitting: two pairs of socks and the Garland Shawl, which I started in 2013:
I'm not sure how I got off-track with this. It is a beautiful design by Michelle Bernstein, who writes a great patterns. It took me more than an hour to get going on it because there are three sections and beads, but it was totally worth it. I can't wait to wear the finished shawl.
I'm still enjoying Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. It is amazingly contemporary with its theme of wealth inequality.
And lastly, a stunning wildflower, a yellow Lady's Slipper:
I'd never seen one of these in real life, but Keith spotted a whole group when he was biking and drove me back later to see them.

My last few days in Door County were slower than usual thanks to a sore throat and body aches, but I still enjoyed them.

Joining up with Ginny for Yarn Along.

15 comments:

  1. your shawl is beautiful, i like the color and i LOVE the pattern!!

    wildflowers are amazing aren't they?? growing and thriving with no care at all. well, except for mother nature, she cares for them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why UFO's exist. So we can just pick them up when we it's the right time. I always finish everything. I just don't say when I intend to do the finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adore this shawl! Over to Ravelry to check into it and maybe - buy the pattern!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your sore throat and aches, but glad you still managed to enjoy your time in Door County. Your Lady Slipper find is so pretty and I have never seen one when out and about either. Exciting! Your knitting is admirable, and your reading sounds both interesting and worthwhile. Wishing you well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry your getaway was 'infected'....hope you're feeling better. What a keeper....that he'd actually NOTICE such a treasure, and then remember to TELL you about it----and then, actually DRIVE you to see it!!! :) The trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn! Getting sick on vakay is a bummer but it happens to us all. That lady slipper is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    The shawl is lovely. That is such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. feel better!!! lovely green :) I'm in a green knitting mood these days as well. I haven't read that book but it's on my kindle...

    ReplyDelete
  9. North and South is a book I really want to read! Getting sick on vacation is no fun at all, hope you are feeling better soon! I really love your yarn choice for that shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better soon! Your shawl is perfect for summer; the color and pattern is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shawl is going to be gorgeous! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Door Co Lady Slipper, what could be prettier?
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shawl is already beautiful. Sending you get well wishes and love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colour of your shawl is gorgeous, and what a pretty flower, I've only heard tale of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing photo of the lady slipper! Bummer to be sick on vacation; that happened to us this spring. Did you make it to the yarn shop?

    ReplyDelete