Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Life Is Good

Door County has become Keith and my little piece of paradise. We come up here every summer for a few days and unwind. We ride our bikes, poke around the art galleries, and hang out at the little cabin we always rent.
Yesterday we went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, The Cookery. I had a Cherry Sparkler, which matches my Trellis Socks pretty well.

Door County is cherry country, and we always have a few breakfasts at Julie's in Fish Creek, where the cherry crepes are amazing. Now I always think of Kathy, who likes to stay, as well as to eat at Julie's.
One of our favorite galleries is the Edgewood Orchard Gallery, which features a sculpture garden. This huge piece is called "Wooly".

Nicole, I so hope that you find your cat! In the meantime, I'll be at your link up.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for Julies common LOVE!!!!!
    Hooray for door County. MORE photos please! Tell me your secret places there and I'll see if I can remember more of ours. We love theSOUP KITCHEN. We love that place on the beach is it Fred and FUzzys waterfront in Sister bay is just so pretty and quaint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time.

    I think we ALL need a place like Door County. For us it is Amelia Island.....as soon as we drive on to the ferry, all the worries just wash right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at that gallery last summer and I have a wonderful turtle made of metal and stone from it on my back porch. Have a great time,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cherry drink looks delish! I do love cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Door County days sound wonderful! I am so glad you are enjoying such a beautiful and interesting place. Iced tea was served in canning jars at the cafe/pub we frequented while camping...and somehow it seemed more satisfying and relaxing presented to me that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making me miss Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete