Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Knocking off WIPs

Yes, this is the same sock from last week, but I am now nearing the toe! It does feel good to finish old projects -- though, it lacks the kick we knitters get from casting on! I also finished the Garland Shawlette started in 2013 and will try to get it blocked and photographed soon!

I found these two books at the library! Both are relatively new books that I've been wanting to read. Among the Ten Thousand Things by Julia Pierpont is a novel about the fallout in a family after the husband's affair is revealed. I'll read pretty much anything by Francine Prose, and art collector Peggy Guggenheim has always interested me. She lead quite the bohemian life in the mid-20th century.

I'm also reading the first issue of the making zine, thanks to Rose.
I think the only way to get your hands on this beauty is to order it from Carrie Bostick Hoge's web site. It is totally worth it. The sweater patterns are to die for! I've only perused it so far, but I'll report back when I've had the chance to soak it in.

I'll be joining Ginny for Yarn Along. Can you believe she's pulling this off with a brand new baby? That woman is amazing!

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, heard a lot of good things about the Making zine! Hooray on your sock progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my copy of Making. It is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it feel good to get to the toe on a sock? Your books sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are keeping yourself very entertained between knitting and books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the Making magazine looks amazing! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Progress! I'm glad you are enjoying "making." I think it is beautiful and is full of lovely patterns. I started reading a self published book I downloaded from another blogger...set in WWII southern USA...sad so far.... Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout-out and I'm glad you like Making! Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're keeping busy! I just finished reading Short Nights of the Shadowcatcher and learned a lot about Seattle history as well as Curtis's work. How was Door County? Are you getting ready for Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful books to read, I am stuck on the Louise Penny mystery series, I am almost up to the last book, boo hoo! Love the look of that magazine.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Making zine sounds interesting. My sock knitting has stalled so now I'm working on a sleeveless summer top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ginny is amazing. I love looking through the knitters' projects on her sight. It is a gift to me

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear you're not able to come our way this summer as I was looking forward to seeing you in person! Have a wonderful Fourth!

    ReplyDelete