Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Just a Little Knitting

Thanks for all your sympathy and thoughts on my aching hand. I've mostly laid off knitting for the last two days, other than a few rounds on this sock, which is my own Trellis design.
Kathy suggested trying socks with wooden needles, which seems to be fine. I don't know why, but the magic loop technique, which I like, seems to be causing the pain. I'll have to finish the sweater a little at a time. I'm afraid if I switch to dpns, the gauge will be different.
Since I don't want to knit much, I've been doing some bead work. This is the beginning of a collar-style necklace. I'm not thrilled with the colors, so I think I'm going to go back to the bead store and try something different.
I took a short break from North and South to read Say Nice Things About Detroit by Scott Lasser. I've lived most of my life in Rust Belt Cities, so I enjoyed the ambiance. It's a good summer read.

I've also been looking at sewing books influenced by Japanese styling.  Don't ask me why. I am a terrible seamstress! But I'd like to get better, and some of these items are pretty easy. The downside of easy is that some of them are hideously ugly. Who knows? Maybe I'll find something even I could make.

Joining up with Ginny for Yarn Along.


8 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at the title of the one book since #2 son just moved to Detroit.
    That's a great sock pattern. I always admire those who can design their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out that Say Nice Things book. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the knitting slowing down. I am glad you have other hobbies to stay busy. I love the bead work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so glad you can knit again! I liked the bead colors, but that's me.
    Al would like say NIce things About Detroit
    I'm reading H is for Hawk in large print from my library. So far very good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up near Detroit and remember all the fun things that happened in the summer down by the waterfront. I hear Detroit is making a great comeback.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry you can't fully dive into knitting! I hope you recover 100% as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've given up using the magic loop because I get horrible wrist/hand pain every time I use it. Granted, it could be because I tend to use magic loop during those 10 hour Netflix binge watching days but..... Love your sock, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your wrist continues to improve! That's one pretty sock!

    ReplyDelete