Monday, November 25, 2013

Suddenly It's Winter

Less than a week ago, it was sweater weather. Then the overnight temperatures plunged to 7 degrees (-14 degrees celsius) this past weekend and this morning we woke up to snow. Fortunately, I love cold crisp days, especially when the sky is blue, as it was today.

I also love getting to wear my hand-knits. I pulled out these mittens over the weekend:

They are from Robin Hansen's book, Favorite Mittens. They are actually quite homely, at least as I knit them, but they are so warm. They taught me why Fair Isle is more than decorative.

3 comments:

  1. Those do look very very warm :) Winter is here also, which means the hat and scarf stash is making an appearance at my apartment !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty mittens! Isn't that great about winter: being able to wear all of the comfy squishy items you made yourself!

    ReplyDelete