Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Rare Event: Stash-Busting

If you've been following my holiday knitting saga, you are no doubt dying of boredom. I am now on my 5th Turn-a-Square Hat by Jared Flood. It's a great pattern, but even I need a little diversion.

Since I SHOULD be holiday knitting, I decided that it would be OK for me to do some stash-busting.

I wanted something quick but useful, something that could be a gift or for myself. Seeing as fingerless mitts seem to be quite the fashion item this season, I went in search of a simple, comfy pattern. I found one that I love: Peekaboo Mitts.

This pattern is so simple, but is exactly what I was looking for. Often, mitts are too short in either the cuff or the hand (or both) for my taste. These are 9 inches long -- which is downright luxurious. I am thinking that it would be nice to turn out a few of these for gifts!

What are your last-minute gift knits?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link, these are now on my list!

    ReplyDelete